Another police officer who responded to the attack on the US capitol was found dead at his home.


He is the third to be found lifeless in similar circumstances.

According to US media, a Washington Metropolitan Police officer who responded to mob attacks in favor of former President Donald Trump on January 6 was found dead in his home, which could be a new suicide case.

Gunther Hashida, an officer assigned to the Special Operations Division's emergency response team, was found dead at his residence on Thursday, July 29, police spokesman Kirsten Metzer confirmed to CNN on Monday.

Hashida, 43, joined the force in 2003. He is the third police officer to die in a similar incident since a mob stormed the judiciary's headquarters in Washington.

"Officer Hashida was a hero who risked her life to save our capital, the Congress community and our democracy," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recalled.

If the suicide is confirmed, he will be the third of the agents who came to stop the January 6 uprising, the second in the ranks of the Washington DC Department. Jeffrey Smith, a veteran of the corps, and Howard Leibniz Good, a Capitol police officer with more than 16 years of experience, died a month later.

In addition, another Capital Officer, Brian D. Sicknick, died a day later after suffering a stroke.

In recent months, the heavy pressure on officers responding to the riots has come to light. Last week, during the parliamentary committee investigating what happened that day, a group of officers claimed to continue to deal with their families with the trauma caused by the incidents of that day.

Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn took advantage of his appearance before the committee to encourage his colleagues to seek professional help if they needed it. If I'm here, don't do that. There's nothing wrong with seeking professional advice. 

Trump has already been subjected to another impeachment ("impeachment"), in which he was acquitted of inciting his followers to march on the capital.

At the moment, the Justice Department has filed charges against more than 550 people, ranging from possession of weapons, insurrection, assault on authority, invasion of restricted state spaces, and attempts to paralyze electoral processes.

Among those charged is a Florida man sentenced by a Washington court to eight months in prison for participating in the assault on the Capitol on January 6, in the first jail sentence since the attack that shook US democracy.