At least two people were injured during a shooting in the city of Washington.


The capital city police confirmed that the incident occurred at the intersection between 14th and Riggs streets.

More than a dozen shots were heard Thursday afternoon in a crowded bar area in the city of Washington in the United States.

So far, two people have been wounded by a firearm, one of them in the chest and the other in the arm.

City Police confirmed that the incident occurred at the intersection of 14th and Riggs streets.

Authorities are searching for a man wearing a lime green / yellow sweater who fled in a black Honda Civic with a city license plate.


This is the second shooting in the capital of the United States in a few days; after last weekend, a baseball game was suspended due to detonations in the vicinity.

On that occasion, three people were wounded by gunfire outside the Nationals Park baseball stadium, which was packed with thousands of spectators. 

Due to the shooting, the game stopped abruptly, and the spectators left the venue.

Amid the incident's confusion, an announcer said the game between Washington citizens and the San Diego Padres had stalled due to an "incident" outside the stadium.

Hearing police sirens, the crowd was told to leave the stadium. Through his Twitter account, police-reported that "there was no longer any danger."

Two AFP reporters covering the game said they heard a dozen shots.

As soon as the explosion was heard, the players left the field, and the game was stopped in the sixth inning, with Padres partially winning 8-4.


Police initially said on Twitter that four people had been killed in the shooting. Still, Ashan Benedict, another Washington police on-board member, later identified three people injured in the incident.

He said two of the injured were in two vehicles involved in the shooting. The third victim is a woman on the sidewalk outside the stadium where she watched the game.

No one inside the stadium was in danger at the time of the incident. This is not an active shooter event. "Everything happened outside the stadium," Benedict told reporters.

"The woman is expected to be well," he said.

AFP reporters at the game said some spectators heard gunshots and headed for the stadium. On the contrary, at the initial insistence of the announcer, others remained in their seats.

In the video uploaded to social media, many shots can be heard from automatic weapons.


Several police car lights lit up the street. A siren sounded like a crowd at the Washington Nationals San Diego Padres game was told to leave the stadium in the Navi Yard neighborhood of South Washington, DC.

Police said the incident was being investigated but that "it appears there is no ongoing threat at this time."