HOUSTON, Texas — Three new lawsuits accuse Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual harassment and improper behaviour, including one claiming that Watson is removing Instagram messages and contacting women "who formally gave him massages, in an effort to resolve" those cases.
The three lawsuits, which were reported on the Harris County District Clerk's website Monday morning, carry Watson's total number of lawsuits to 19.
Watson is accused of sexually harassing women during massage sessions by "purposefully" rubbing them with his penis, according to all three lawsuits, and his "conduct is part of a troubling trend."
Watson is also accused of removing Instagram messages and contacting the plaintiffs "as a result of the repeated litigation against him," according to the third complaint.
In the Deshaun Watson cases, famous Texas lawyers are at odds.
The complaint, filed by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, said, "Plaintiffs have not brought these cases for money or attention; rather, Plaintiffs want a change in conduct with respect to Watson, and a change in the NFL's culture."
Watson has denied any misconduct, and his lawyer, Rusty Hardin, recently claimed that "any claim that Deshaun coerced a woman to commit a sexual act is absolutely false."
In a statement, Hardin also said that his law firm has "solid proof" that one of the sexual harassment lawsuits is false, which "calls into question the validity of the other cases as well."
Buzbee said earlier this month that he would give the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney affidavits and testimony from many women. Buzbee has confirmed that he would ask a grand jury to review the facts and decide whether the state of Texas should bring charges against Watson.
The Harris County district attorney's office's spokesperson, Dane Schiller, said last week that commenting on the Watson cases would be "inappropriate."
"It would be improper for the District Attorney's Office to comment on a civil case," Schiller said in a statement, "and we refrain from publicly addressing claims in any matter until and until a criminal complaint is filed; we do this out of fairness to everyone."
The NFL's personal conduct policy is "under review," according to NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy, and the Texans said in a statement that they will keep in close touch with the league during its investigation.