When planning a trip abroad with a friend, "Do you need travel insurance abroad?"
First trip abroad. I think there are many students who have these problems.
Therefore, this time, I will thoroughly explain the content of travel insurance abroad and how to choose it.
Risks when traveling abroad
A fun trip abroad. With the advent of low-cost airlines, traveling abroad has never been easier. I think that many students are thinking of traveling abroad taking advantage of long vacations such as summer vacations.
However, unexpected accidents can occur abroad, where the environment is different from Japan. Therefore, it is necessary to take risk measures in advance taking into account the risks that can occur when traveling abroad. By taking steps ahead of time, you can enjoy traveling abroad with peace of mind.
What are the risks of traveling abroad?
There are many risks of traveling abroad, but the following are typical examples.
• Theft / Burglary This is the most common problem when traveling abroad. were reported to diplomatic missions abroad. There were 4,266 cases. Valuables such as smartphones, cameras, and wallets can be damaged.
• Travel injuries. Illness is also believed to be an injury or illness in destiny. If you receive medical treatment abroad, you will have to pay all medical expenses and it will cost you tens of thousands of yen just to go to the hospital.
• Problems with the plane Arrivals and departures of planes can be delayed or accidents can occur. In that case, you may need to extend your stay at your travel destination or purchase a new ticket.
• Compensation at the destination of your trip. You can accidentally destroy hotel equipment or store items.
• In the event of an accident, disaster, distress or other unforeseen event abroad, it can be costly to get stuck locally or even reunite your family.
Travel insurance abroad is essential to avoid these risks.
What is travel insurance abroad?
Travel abroad insurance covers not only illness and injury while traveling abroad, but also theft of belongings, damage caused by accidents, and delays in flight arrivals and departures. This insurance covers a variety of financial losses during your trip, including damage caused by the trip.
Travel insurance coverage abroad
• In the event of illness or injury If you are hospitalized or undergo surgery while traveling, you will have to pay the actual costs of treatment and hospitalization. Transportation costs to the hospital are also covered within the limits. You can also purchase insurance if you die from an illness or injury while traveling, or if you still have a disability due to an injury.
• If you are liable You can purchase insurance even if you are liable for damage to someone else or someone else's property.
• In case of problems with your belongings or transportation If your property or belongings loaned free of charge from someone else are damaged due to an accident such as fire, theft or damage during the trip, insurance will be provided. I can do it.
• You will also be paid for costs incurred due to late airport pickup. Additionally, you will be compensated for unscheduled accommodation and food and beverage charges due to flight delays and cancellations.
• Ancillary services Basically, there is telephone support in Japanese 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can receive services such as interpreters, hospital referrals, airline tickets, and lodging referrals.
Two types of travel insurance abroad
Travel insurance abroad is an insurance product managed by insurance companies other than life. You can request it directly from an insurance company, insurance agency, travel agency, etc. before going on a journey. You can also apply from the Internet or terminals installed at the airport. In addition to the products that travelers apply directly to insurance companies, credit card companies can also include travel insurance as a complementary service.
Travel insurance abroad applied to each trip.
This is an insurance product that is sold separately for each insurance company.
The great merit is that you can adjust the "compensation content", the "insurance amount", the "insured range", and so on. according to the purpose.
A feature of travel insurance abroad That applies to every trip is that you can set the coverage in detail if you want. You can upgrade your rewards or get only the minimal rewards you need.