Elizabeth II's 99-year-old husband returned home after long-term treatment.

source: www.express.co.uk

The husband of British Queen Elizabeth II, 99-year-old Prince Philip, was discharged from the hospital after recovering from heart surgery. He spent 28 days in a hospital bed - the longest time he has stayed in a hospital ever in his life. In an official address, Buckingham Palace thanked the doctors who took care of it.

The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, was discharged from the hospital after a month of treatment. According to the Independent, the 99-year-old husband of the British Queen Elizabeth II left the hospital of King Edward VII in London, where he was recovering from heart surgery.

Prince Philip was taken there on February 16 from Windsor Castle - after feeling unwell for several days. It clarified that the hospitalization was not associated with a coronavirus infection. Both the Duke of Edinburgh and 94-year-old Elizabeth II were vaccinated at the end of January.

Two weeks later, he was transferred to London's St. Bartholomew's Hospital - the medical institution's website states that it is "Europe's largest center for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases."

There, on March 3, the Duke underwent heart surgery to prevent the development of the condition, which the media did not specify. After that, Prince Philip again returned to the hospital of King Edward VII. In total, he spent 28 days in hospital beds, the longest time he spent in hospital in his life.

Today, March 16, observers could see the 99-year-old husband of Elizabeth II leave the hospital in the back seat of a black BMW. Buckingham Palace officially confirmed his release. His Royal Majesty wishes to praise all the therapeutic specialists who took the responsibility of him at both King Edward VII's Hospital and St. Bartholomew's Hospital, as well as everyone who sent him good wishes," the palace said in a statement. In the middle of the afternoon, Prince Philip returned to Windsor to reunite with his wife, Elizabeth II.

Ten years ago, Prince Philip was already undergoing minimally invasive heart surgery. In 2011, he was urgently taken from his residence in Sandringham to Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire on the eve of Christmas - then the 90-year-old prince felt pain in the chest area. Doctors discovered a blocked coronary artery in Elizabeth II's spouse and performed stenting - they installed a special frame that widens the artery.

This time, according to the British media, Prince Philip had to be persuaded to go to the hospital - after he had been feeling unwell for several days. The fact is that the Duke refused to be hospitalized because he did not want to attract too much attention to himself. Sources at the royal court clarified after Elizabeth II's wife's hospitalization that the decision to send him to the hospital as a precautionary measure, and he entered the hospital himself, without assistance.

We all know the character of the Duke that he wants the least publicity, especially while considering that doctors and nurses work really hard because of the epidemic, the source said the Mirror. Prince Philip was expected to remain in King Edward VII's hospital for only a few days.

While Prince Philip was undergoing treatment, his youngest son, Prince Edward, announced his condition to the public. He told Sky News that his father felt "much better" and thanked the people for their support. We receive pleasing and kind messages from various people," he cited as saying. - We are very grateful for them, and so is he. We pass everything on".

The eldest son of the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, visited his father on February 20. A representative from Buckingham Palace confirmed that Prince Philip was in a good mood.