I give up, I'm naked": a survivor's dramatic account of how the Colorado grocery store massacre ended.

source: abcnews

Maggie Montoya, an employee of the King Soopers of Boulder, witnessed the mass shooting and revealed that the attacker made that statement when surrounded by police about 30 minutes after the first shot.

An employee of the King Soopers supermarket in Boulder who witnessed Monday's mass shooting that left ten dead, including a veteran police officer, told CNN that the shooter yelled at security forces, "I give up, I'm naked." about 30 minutes after the first shot was heard.

Maggie Montoya, a 25-year-old pharmacy technician, told Colorado public radio that his boss heard an active shooter in the shop. 

Hence, she took refuge in a small room with a heavy metal door. Montoya revealed that the first ten minutes seemed to be when the most shots were fired. "Then the store settled down," he said.

The young woman told CPR and CNN that she heard the Boulder Police Department announce a loudspeaker is telling the shooter that the building was surrounded. According to her, the attacker responded: "I give up, I'm naked".

Montoya said that about 20 minutes passed before the police entered the building to arrest him and indicated that they could have entered through the roof. Apparently, the shooter was still "next to the pharmacy when they told him to surrender" and "said again, 'I give up, I'm naked,'" added the employee.

The police identified Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa as the suspect in the shooting and detailed that the 21-year-old bought the gun he used in the shooting six days before the attack. The assailant was booked into the county jail early Tuesday morning on murder charges after previously being treated at a hospital. According to the affidavit, Alissa was shot by a bullet that went through her leg. 

According to the affidavit, supermarket employees told investigators that Alissa shot a man several times outside the Boulder store before entering. Found another person from the bullet wound next to the car registered in the name of the suspect's brother. 

Montoya, who has worked at the supermarket for three years, said it was chilling to leave the store with the police. He revealed that he tried to avoid seeing one of his co-workers' dumped body but was unable to.

He said I didn't intend to see her, but we all love her. she was my age, and she was always so kind to us. He added, I guess because of where it was in the store, almost everyone viewed it.