At least two people were killed and more than 20 injured in a mass shooting in Miami early Sunday, with authorities offering $130,000 to inform the arrests and convictions of those responsible.
"This is unacceptable," Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniela Levin Cava told reporters Monday as the nation celebrated Memorial Day. "We must remember those who have been lost, those who have served our country, and instead, we stand here once again for a terrible tragedy.
"We will do everything," she said, "we will do everything, and use every resource available to bring these people to justice. We will leave no stone unturned. We will leave nothing behind to bring these shooters to justice." "
Miami-Dade police said in a statement that early Sunday, three people disembarked from an SUV outside a "scheduled event" at an establishment at 186 Street in the Hialeh area, west of Miami Gardens, and "opened indiscriminately at the crowd" .
NBC Miami reported that the venue was a banquet hall that had been rented for a concert.
Three people exit a vehicle before a shooting in Miami that killed two people and injured more than 20 others on Sunday. via Miami-Dade Police Department
New security video released by authorities on Monday shows three men, carrying guns, exiting a white SUV and exiting the frame. People can be seen running towards the vehicle shortly before driving.
Investigators said on Monday that they had found and recovered the vehicle that had sunk in a canal in the Golden Glades. The Nissan Pathfinder was reported stolen on 15 May.
Officials are offering a reward of $30,000 to anyone providing information leading to the shooter's arrest, as well as an additional $100,000 reward for their conviction. The $100,000 was donated by businessman and TV personality Marcus Lemonis, who has a reality show on CNBC.
Download the NBC News App for breaking news and politics
Police said two people were killed in Miami-Dade Fire Rescue and eight others were taken to hospitals. At least 12 other victims went to the hospital themselves. The condition of three people was critical.
The identities of those shot, who officials said were between 17 and 32 years old, were not immediately released.
Angelica Green said her 24-year-old son called in the middle of the night to tell her he was going to the hospital.
"He called us frantic, told us he was shot, it hurts, it hurts and he loves us and wants us to know," Green told NBC Miami. "My husband is like, 'No, stay with us, stay with us.' We sit in the car and we are talking to him to keep him alert."
Green told The Miami Herald that his son had surgery and is stable.
Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo "Freddie" Ramirez III said on Twitter that the incident was "another targeted and cowardly act of gun violence."
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis called for a "rapid and serious" response in a tweet on Sunday.
"We mourn the loss of two victims and are praying for the recovery of more than 20 who were injured at the El Mula banquet hall near Hialeh," he said. "We are working with local authorities to bring the perpetrators to justice."
According to the non-partisan research group, the Gun Violence Archive, there were at least 200 mass shootings in the country in the first 132 days of this year.