The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to Verdict that they are 18 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 18 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Verdict uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- to provide you with the Site, service information, and news,
- to support the Site and services offered on or through the Site,
- to contact you for feedback about our services,
- to conduct research about Verdict’s customer base or services,
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy,
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes, or
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site and our services.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the Site and any feature of the Site or a service.
- to keep you up to date on the latest information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications).
- to other Members of the Site to enable them to connect with you. When you create a member account on the Site, you will automatically be able to participate in certain social features which allow you to connect with other Verdict Members. Other Verdict Members will be able to find you by your name and will be able to see certain information about you, such as your name and profile photo (optional). You can always choose in your Privacy Settings whether or not to turn off being findable.
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if Verdict should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- when we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
- when we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
Verdict may also share non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties (e.g. aggregate or demographic data).
You may correct, amend, or update your Personally Identifiable Information by editing your Member profile on the Site or contacting us at [email protected]
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. Verdict takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. We protect the security of your Personally Identifiable Information during transmission to us by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personally Identifiable Information has been compromised, please contact us at [email protected]
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may contain links to other sites. Verdict is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf or to provide advertising-related services. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag, to tailor the advertisements you see on this Website and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising or to award incentives or points to their members who respond to their advertisements. The cookies, action tags or similar files do not contain any Personal Information.
You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance site at https://www.aboutads.info/consumers/. The targeted advertising companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the DAA. The NAI and the DAA allow you to limit targeted advertising from its members by using an opt-out tool available on the NAI website at https://www.networkadvertising.org/ or the DAA’s site.
We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can find more information on Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
DELAWARE PRIVACY RIGHTS
We will not share any Personally Identifiable Information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by Delaware law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance.
We only retain the Personally Identifiable Information collected from a Member for as long as the Member’s account is active or otherwise as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as long as needed and in accordance with applicable laws.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personally Identifiable Information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Service is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you may be transferring your Personally Identifiable Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing by our service providers listed in the Verdict’s Terms of Service. We will comply with GDPR requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information from Europe to the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data to the EEA, or other countries or regions deemed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection of Personally Identifiable Information in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
Date of Last Revision: October 22, 2018