Раlestiniаns сlаsh with Isrаeli роliсe in Jerusаlem аfter Gаzа stоррed firing

It was the first sign of crisis in the agreement that sparked the recent Gaza conflict on Thursday after two weeks.

source: https://ibb.co/LQMsCsg

A new conflict erupted at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem on Friday, just hours after fighting broke out between Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas.

The sacred site - the site of the 11-day-long standoff - appeared to indicate that Israeli police fired stun grenades and tear gas, while Palestinian protesters threw stones and stones. Police later said they only used non-lethal weapons and arrested 16 people.

It was the first sign of crisis in the agreement that halted the recent Gaza conflict on Thursday after nearly two weeks of fighting left hundreds dead.

Moving a large building to keep it closed as China investigates what caused it to move

There were no reports of violations earlier Friday, although each side said it was ready to retaliate against any rocket attacks or planes flying on the other side.

Egypt, the mediator of the agreement, said it would send two envoys to oversee the fire.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken is also expected to travel to the region "in the coming days" and will meet with Israeli, Palestinian and regional counterparts, the State Department said on Thursday.

Just after Friday's prayer, hundreds of Palestinians held a celebration in Al-Aqsa waving flags and banners - some in support of Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip.

It is unclear what caused the ensuing clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers.

Jerusalem police have described the disruption of the compound, also known as Temple Mount, as "chaos."

"As soon as the noon prayer ended, there was an uproar," a spokesman said in a statement.

"Following this, the Jerusalem Regional Commander, Doron Turgeman, ordered the police forces to enter the Temple to deal with the protesters ... and at the same time allow the unauthorized persons to leave."

Palestinian medical personnel say at least 20 Palestinians were injured, Reuters reported.

The clashes ended within an hour, with Israeli police retreating to their seats at the compound gates, it said.

Earlier on Friday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech warned Hamas of any further rocket attacks following the end of the fighting.

He promised to respond "with a new level of fight against any form of harassment in communities around Gaza and in any other part of Israel."

Palestinians gathered on the streets by the thousands after the start of the ceasefire, many of whom were happy.

More than 10 days of bombings and weapons killed at least 243 Palestinians - including at least 66 children, according to the Gaza Department of Health - and devastated the already impoverished Gaza Strip.

Hamas rockets also brought life to parts of Israel and resulted in the deaths of at least 12 people.

The agreement comes in the wake of international efforts and growing pressure from Israel's close ally, the United States, to end a tense conflict between Israel and Hamas since the 2014 war in Gaza.

In a statement from the White House shortly after the ceasefire was announced Thursday, President Joe Biden said the United States "fully supports Israel's right to self-defense."

He added that there was "a real opportunity" for a state in which Israelis and Palestinians "can live in safety and security, and enjoy equal measures of freedom, prosperity and democracy."

What started as a conflict in recent weeks in Jerusalem turned out to be a war that spread beyond the walls of the ancient city - leading to civil unrest in Israel and international protests.

Clashes between Israeli police, Palestinian worshipers and ethnic Israelis - as well as plans to evict Palestinian families from Jewish-occupied Sheikh Jarrah area east - led to days of violence inside and around the Al-Aqsa Mosque earlier this month. .

Hamas began launching rockets in Israel on May 10 as the group promised to make the country pay a higher price for its handling of the most sacred site in Islam, which resides in a sacred compound for Muslims and Jews. Israel then responded by air raid on Gaza.