Rod Stewart and his son pleaded guilty to assaulting a security guard at a New Year's Eve party.

Rod%20Stewart%20and%20his%20son%20pleaded%20guilty%20to%20assaulting%20a%20security%20guard%20at%20a%20New%20Year%27s%20Eve%20party.
source: www.itv.com

Rod Stewart and his son pleaded guilty to assaulting a security guard at a New Year's Eve party.

The 76-year-old singer will not have to appear in court or face court proceedings other than spending time in jail.

According to court documents, singer Rod Stewart and his son Sean have pleaded guilty to assault in a lawsuit following an altercation at a Florida (USA) hotel during the 2019 New Year celebrations. Accessed Friday.

According to court documents, Dixon said Sean confronted him, pushed him back, and the singer's son allegedly responded by shoving him. Rocker approached the security guard and punched him in the chest in the middle of the struggle.

The incidents took place on the night of December 31, two years ago, when Stewart and his eldest son, Sean Roderick, argued with Jesse Dixon, a guard, who barred them from attending a private party at the luxury Breakers Palm Hotel. Beach, north of Miami, and the quarrel escalated into a scuffle.

The British artist and his son pleaded guilty in absentia and through the documents presented in court by his lawyer Guy Fronton to a simple battery, low charge.

That way, Maggie May's spokeswoman and her 41-year-old son will not have to spend time in jail, nor will they have to go to court.

The incidents took place on the night of December 31, two years ago, when Stewart and his eldest son, Sean Roderick, argued with Jesse Dixon, a guard, who barred them from attending a private party at the luxury Breakers Palm Hotel. Beach, north of Miami, and the quarrel escalated into a scuffle.

According to court documents, Dixon said Sean confronted him, pushed him back, and the singer's son allegedly responded by shoving him. Rocker approached the security guard and punched him in the chest in the middle of the struggle.

Later, the 76-year-old singer, who Queen Elizabeth II knighted in 2016, said the guard had been belligerent, although he apologized for the incident.

The plea came after an agreement between two sides failed in October, so a hearing between the British and his son was scheduled for next January.

Palm Beach State Attorney Dave Aronberg's office, which prosecuted the case, declined to comment.