The agent who killed the young African-American in Minneapolis mistook his service weapon for a taser.


Police in Minnesota says an officer who shot a black man during a traffic stop accidentally pulled out his firearm instead of his stun gun.

According to the local police, Daunte Wright died on Sunday at the hands of an officer who wanted to use a stun gun to immobilize the detainee but made a mistake and fired with the fire.

According to the camera carried by the officer, the police officer who killed Daunte Wright, a 20-year-old African-American young man in Minneapolis on Sunday, mistook his service weapon for a Taser (electric weapon), according to the camera carried by the officer who recorded what happened.

Brooklyn Police Center released a police camera footage Monday of the officer approaching Daunte Wright's vehicle and asking him to get out of the car. The agents try to tie Wright, but he manages to escape and gets back into his vehicle.

Then the agent pulls out a gun and yells "Taser!" three times. After shooting, he immediately laments, "Shit! I shot him," he says, according to the audio of the recording.

"When I saw the video and listened to the officer's orders, I deduced that she intended to remove the taser, but she shot Mr. Wright with a single bullet," said Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon, according to the press. Local.

"After seeing it and seeing the reaction of the agent immediately regretting it, I think it was an accidental use that resulted in the tragic death of Mr. Wright," he argued.

Minneapolis had its second night of protests on Monday despite the start of a curfew in this northern city, shaken by Wright's supposedly accidental death, as the trial for the murder of George Floyd unfolds.

US President Joe Biden spoke out on the incident, saying the peaceful demonstrations are understandable.

According to his superior, the policeman was an expert officer, he was suspended, and his name has not been published.

This new death of an African American citizen at the hands of the police revived the trauma of a city that suffered several nights of incidents after George Floyd's death on May 25.