Why they denied the entry of the "Topos" to the collapse of a hotel in Miami.

source: www.newsbreak.com

The Mexican brigadistas arrived in the United States on June 26 along with a commission from Israel.

The Tlatelolco Azteca International Rescue Brigade, mostly known as "Topos," reported that it could not enter to help the hotel collapse in Miami, United States.

Through a statement, the rescuers detailed that this action was prompted by the security and rescue protocols of the US government, so they decided to accept the terms and stay out of the area.

"We understand that each country has protocols for emergency care, so we use regular channels to put the experience and knowledge of 36 years at your disposal; However, given the complexity of the disaster, we accept the measures taken by the authorities and reiterate our commitment to the South Florida community," reads the document signed by Héctor Rafael Méndez Rosales, founding president of the organization.

However, the reception of his aid proposal was "prompt" and well received by the authorities of Miami, led by Mayor Daniella Levine-Cava and by Governor Ron DeSantis.

They also thanked the Mexican consulate in Miami for the management and treatment granted to the compatriots. In addition, they reiterated their help, if necessary, in any disaster, whether national or international.

"We will always be ready to help our brothers in misfortune anywhere in the world, as this is the mission of Topos Azteca, that is why on this occasion we do not hesitate to present ourselves and offer our help and knowledge to the victims of this misfortune," highlighted the brigadistas.

The arrival of the "Moles" occurred on June 26, together with rescuers from Israel. Both countries joined search and rescue groups that would rotate their shifts to work through the rubble in two shifts of 12 hours.

On June 24, there was a partial collapse of a 12-story building that makes up part of the Champlain Towers complex, which is located between 88th and Collins Avenue in Surfside, near Miami Beach.

Around 2 am (local time), the event occurred, and the death of a woman was confirmed. However, with the passing of the days, the number has been increasing. So far, after nine days, 22 people have died.

The last two findings were confirmed on Friday afternoon, July 2, by Mayor Levine-Cava. He also assured that the best technology is being used to find the rest of the 126 people still missing.

Throughout the day, four victims were identified: Bonnie Epstein, 56, whose body was found on June 30; as well as Claudio Bonnefoy, 85 years old; María Obias-Bonnefoy, 69 years old; and a 7-year-old boy, whose name was not released at the request of the family, whose bodies were recovered this Friday, July 2.

During a press conference, the official signed an emergency order authorizing the demolition of the building "in the interest of public health and safety, as soon as the engineers sign the next steps for the demolition process," she explained.

Finally, he mentioned that all possible impacts are being evaluated to determine the best schedule to start pulling out the rest of the hotel. This situation will help them move forward with the process in the best possible way.